Monday, August 23, 2010

Movie Maker


I just created a brief digital portfolio, of my daughter’s work, using Movie Maker.


Movie Maker is a program that allows the user to insert images, videos, audio or music to create a movie. This program was a very easy to use and has so many different features.

This tool would be great to use in the classroom to Synthesis students learnings and create a presentation for assessment. Creating a movie using this tool would be an excellent collaborative learning task for students to complete in small groups. This type of project is what my grade two class will be doing in their next unit (which is why I have found the time to come back to this tool and experiment with it).

I am now looking forward to the next unit and my new skills using movie maker that I can bring to it.

The journey continues,

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, what you have done with your daughter and movie maker is wonderful. I can see movie maker being a valuable tool in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rissa,
    Yes it is a great tool and so easy to use. I can imagine that when I am teaching that the tools that are quick and easy for me and my students to use may be the most practical.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete