Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sourcing Images Through Flickr


Hi all,

To continue on with the theme of images, I looked at where images can be sourced from on-line. Before this week’s lesson, if I needed an image I just went to Google Images. I have since discovered the importance of accessing legal authorised images from sites such as Flickr. This site provides a picture sharing service where people donate their images for others to use. With an increasingly litigious society it is important for students to understand the concept of copyright and ownership.

An image such as the one I have selected could be used with to accompany the image from my previous blog. This image could be used to show my python’s natural habitat or to demonstrate the strike position (for the first aid lesson described).

The sourcing and use of images is an important aspect of the learning process. They can be used to explain concepts clearly, organise and store information and engage students with a range of learning styles. Flickr is an important site that provides Learning Managers with access to a wide range of legal images. I will definitely be using this tool again.

The journey continues,

Lynn


References
Image sourced from Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment